Thread: Charge For URL

Thumbs up Charge For URL

Charge For URLS Addon

Charge for URL Addon

ADDON INFO: Addon allows you to connect to price plans. Charge for users to place URL in their ads.

AUTH TAG: Geo_modules
    ADDON FOLDER NAME: addons/url/

URL TO DOWNLOAD/PURCHASE: Download / Purchase Here

PRICE OF ADDON: $149.00 US Dollars

COMPATIBLE WITH: All Geodesic version 5 products
    Last edited by jonyo of old; December 6th, 2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Fixed typo in title

Does this module also remove a URL from the listing if they don't pay for it?

If not, is this 'charge for a URL' function included in your other add-on (Description Shield) where you can stop a user from entering a URL?

Thank you.

If they enter it in the URL in the description you would need the description shield to remove it or do it by hand.

This is ran by a tag so if no URL is placed then it does not show in the ad. if they do pay to use then it does show.

I have this add on and its great BUT I have an additional info field that they see when placing an ad, and in that box they can enter a url . I dont know where to go to take out the additional info box?

Quote Originally Posted by Dor View Post
    I have this add on and its great BUT I have an additional info field that they see when placing an ad, and in that box they can enter a url . I dont know where to go to take out the additional info box?
    send me a ticket with your site url so I can see what you see here. SEND TICKET CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by geomodules View Post
    send me a ticket with your site url so I can see what you see here. SEND TICKET CLICK HERE
    It wont let me log in to submit a ticket.

It wont let me log in to submit a ticket.
    Did you register?

I also sent you a price message

I have just bought this addon and like the idea of it, just installing it. The instructions that come with it tell you that you have to place the tag in the listing_classified.tpl or equivalent auctions template.

Couple of questions for those who have used it:

1. Where does it look/work best? Is it best in listing_classified.tpl in the seller column as in the example below, or somewhere else?

<li>{$sellers_other_auctions_link}{$sellers_other_ ads_link}</li>
    <li>{$message_to_seller_link}</li>
    </ul>

{addon author='geo_modules' addon='url' tag='display_url'}

</div>
    <br />

</div>

2. Second question is, the instructions that come with the addon don't mention placing it in a storefront. So is there anywhere you can place it in a storefront and still charge for it without undermining your ability to make money out of the classifieds and auctions?

Quote Originally Posted by jdj View Post
    I have just bought this addon and like the idea of it, just installing it. The instructions that come with it tell you that you have to place the tag in the listing_classified.tpl or equivalent auctions template.

Couple of questions for those who have used it:

1. Where does it look/work best? Is it best in listing_classified.tpl in the seller column as in the example below, or somewhere else?

<li>{$sellers_other_auctions_link}{$sellers_other_ ads_link}</li>
    <li>{$message_to_seller_link}</li>
    </ul>

{addon author='geo_modules' addon='url' tag='display_url'}

</div>
    <br />

</div>

2. Second question is, the instructions that come with the addon don't mention placing it in a storefront. So is there anywhere you can place it in a storefront and still charge for it without undermining your ability to make money out of the classifieds and auctions?

You can place the tag anywhere you wish.

The stores pull in the classifieds so it will be in it.