Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Sitemap Addon

AUTH TAG: Geolancer

ADDON NAME: Site Map Addon

URL TO DOWNLOAD/PURCHASE: Site Map

COMPATIBILITY: Geocore version > 7

ADDON INFO: When a new listing is created, edited or expired, the sitemap should reflect this in it's category and listing schema. This sitemap addon was specially built with the Geodesic e-commerce platform in mind. By dynamically updating core sitemap files according to the platforms changing status, you can help search engines more intelligently crawl and index your site for better SEO ranking.

Features:

• Create category sitemap dependent on Smarty template setup [more info in admin settings]
    • Create listings sitemap dependent on Smarty template setup [more info in admin settings]
    • Custom, auto generated robots text
    • Full UTF-8 compatibility
    • CRON run dynamic generation
    • Supports Sitemap index
    • Supports 50,000 link, 50MB files
    • Supports file compression for large, multiple files
    • Supports custom robots text
    • Automatic notification to major search engines like Google, Bing
    • Admin history reports
    • Supports All, Listing only filled category links
    • Supports current live listing only links

Credits: Tosea (Lui), Geodesic forum. Live site, Google indexing and feedback have been invaluable in quality assurance !
    Last edited by 1kiwi1; February 16th, 2018 at 02:37 AM.
    1kiwi1

I had to read this twice and then check the date of the post. Valentine's Day was yesterday kiwi! Quite a Lui love fest! Kidding aside, looks like a ton of work went into this Addon! I think Lui is the King of Geo SEO so with your combined work, I am sure this is a valuable addon for anyone interested in a Sitemap! Congratulations!
    GeoCore 18+

"A hammer that sits on the shelf drives no nails." —Matt

"Where people are working mistakes are made. We all make a mistake now and then." —edvissers

Quote Originally Posted by RAS View Post
    I had to read this twice and then check the date of the post. Valentine's Day was yesterday kiwi! Quite a Lui love fest! Kidding aside, looks like a ton of work went into this Addon! I think Lui is the King of Geo SEO so with your combined work, I am sure this is a valuable addon for anyone interested in a Sitemap! Congratulations!
    Fixed it, can't have you going around saying that lol.
    1kiwi1

LOl Russ, Missed the post, Yeah Real long distance love fest, wish I was in New Zealand, its damn cold here in Canada.

Great addon it all runs on its own once setup, Adds listings as they are placed and removes them when deleted or expired, always keeping the sitemap with fresh updated content.

It not only updates the sitemap through cron, but also auto submits the sitemap to search engines.

Been running it on my live site for a couple of weeks and has dramatically increased indexing in google.

If you are looking to increase your visibility to the search engines, fresh unique content such as new listings is what works, and this auto sitemap generator and search engine submit addon will definitely provide that.

Lui
    Last edited by tosea; February 17th, 2018 at 11:56 PM.

Looks like a great addon! Is there an option to turn off auto-submitting to search engines so we can have it running on a test site that we don't want indexed?

Thanks!
    LiLo Consulting LLC
    info@liloconsulting.com

3rd Party Freelance Development, specializing in custom addons and templates that are high quality and make it easier to update GeoCore. You can hire me for your next customization!

Also run a small site, using latest version of Geocore.

Disclaimer: I did work on the Geodesic Solutions development team in the past (aka jonyo). Now I'm a normal GeoCore license holder, and 3rd party freelance developer, so I do not speak for Geodesic Solutions.

Edit: Thanks Jonyo! Good question. Yes, just updated to reflect this.
    Last edited by 1kiwi1; February 18th, 2018 at 04:12 PM.
    1kiwi1

Hey 1Kiwi1, Hope you are doing OK down there. Batten down the hatches!

Quote Originally Posted by syclops View Post
    Hey 1Kiwi1, Hope you are doing OK down there. Batten down the hatches!
    Thanks syclops! It's downgraded quite a bit to a tropical storm, we're doing okay.
    1kiwi1

Hey 1kiwi1, I sent you a PM a week or so ago, not sure if you are getting them. Let me know please.

Quote Originally Posted by syclops View Post
    Hey 1kiwi1, I sent you a PM a week or so ago, not sure if you are getting them. Let me know please.
    Sent you another PM, not sure if you are getting notifications, so posting again in this Thread. Sorry