Default I'm back! Now doing Freelance work

Those that have been around a while may remember me, I worked on the Geodesic Solutions development team for a number of years. I've been off the scene for the last 3 years but now I'm back, as a 3rd party freelance developer! I do not work for Geodesic Solutions, but I can work for you if you need some customizations done.

Starting out I don't have any "off the shelf" addons or templates, all of my former work went into the core Geodesic Solutions software and included addons themselves. I do have some custom work that has gone into http://libre3d.com, a site I help to run and develop on, but I don't think any of the customizations done for that site would be useful (unless you happen to run a site for 3D printing and want to display rendered stuff). You can see my open source projects on github at https://github.com/jonyo (check out the "Organizations" as well)

My plan is to offer custom work, addons and/or templates (or combinations of the 2 if you need something fancy) on the side. I still have a "day job" working as a software engineer for a decent sized company with a large tech department. I'm back to doing customizations on the side for some extra fun (and let's face it, the extra $ is nice as well )

My former username was jonyo here in these forums, but you may notice this is the first post with this account. Since I am no longer an employee of Geodesic Solutions, I have a new account, so that hopefully it is easy to distinguish. Also to make it clear I'm no longer the "official voice of Geo", anything I say are my own words as a 3rd party freelancer.

So if you need some custom work done, consider contacting me.

I may poke around the forums as well with drive-by helpful replies to questions as I have time. This is all on the side though so don't expect the same level of engagement I had when I worked here
    Last edited by jonathanfoote; September 24th, 2017 at 03:10 PM.
    - Jonathan Foote
    Custom Addons & Design - contact me for a price quote!

disclaimer: I used to work for Geodesic Solutions on the development team. However, I am now an independent 3rd party freelance developer, meaning I am not employed by Geodesic Solutions and do not speak for them. Any posts made with this user account are done as a 3rd party freelance developer.

Hey man so very awesome to have you back !!

Quote Originally Posted by 1kiwi1 View Post
    Hey man so very awesome to have you back !!
    Thanks! I may not have too much extra time but I should be able to do a few people's customizations here and there. Maybe a larger project when there isn't a rush.

My goal is to keep it fun so I don't end up burning out. Luckily I find this kind of thing fun
    Last edited by jonathanfoote; September 24th, 2017 at 03:11 PM.
    - Jonathan Foote

disclaimer: I used to work for Geodesic Solutions on the development team. However, I am now an independent 3rd party freelance developer, meaning I am not employed by Geodesic Solutions and do not speak for them. Any posts made with this user account are done as a 3rd party freelance developer.

thats GREAT to hear Jonyo, oops I mean Jonathan!

Was considering starting a "wish list" thread of addons I would be interested in to see if others would be interested in the same thing (or at least similar enough to fit under the hood of a single addon) and to add their own wishes and ideas to the thread... figured from there either 1) Geo might pick up a few popular things to eventually add themselves and/or 3rd party developers might jump in and develop it themselves for general sale... or at the very least get in touch to make a custom addon for me (or us) as a private addon instead. you know your stuff so definitely a GREAT addition to the pool of 3rd party developers, hope to work with you on this or that at some point!

Quote Originally Posted by Snappy View Post
    thats GREAT to hear Jonyo, oops I mean Jonathan!

Was considering starting a "wish list" thread of addons I would be interested in to see if others would be interested in the same thing (or at least similar enough to fit under the hood of a single addon) and to add their own wishes and ideas to the thread... figured from there either 1) Geo might pick up a few popular things to eventually add themselves and/or 3rd party developers might jump in and develop it themselves for general sale... or at the very least get in touch to make a custom addon for me (or us) as a private addon instead. you know your stuff so definitely a GREAT addition to the pool of 3rd party developers, hope to work with you on this or that at some point!
    Cool, sounds like a good idea!
    Last edited by jonathanfoote; September 24th, 2017 at 03:11 PM.
    - Jonathan Foote

It's great to have you back Jonathan, I totally understand you are here on your own time but that's better then not having you at all. I see myself calling on you for some custom work in the coming future. Can i ask, what would you charge to run through a site to get it ready for public launch? I know that's not programming related but i figured, Jonathan would know how to set it up best lol. I also agree with Snappy.

Again it great to see you back.

Best Regards

Haha, this is funny! Welcome back, Jonathan...we have missed you!
    Last edited by wrangster; September 26th, 2017 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsDavid View Post
    Can i ask, what would you charge to run through a site to get it ready for public launch? I know that's not programming related but i figured, Jonathan would know how to set it up best lol. I also agree with Snappy.
    I don't give prices over the forums since the posts stick around forever and prices can change over time. If you send an e-mail jonathan.foote@liloconsulting.com I'd be happy to give you a quote. Thanks!
    - Jonathan Foote

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanfoote View Post
    I don't give prices over the forums since the posts stick around forever and prices can change over time. If you send an e-mail jonathan.foote@liloconsulting.com I'd be happy to give you a quote. Thanks!
    I will be in contact shortly.