Default New!! Geomap Interactive Mapping Addon

AUTH TAG: Geolancer

ADDON NAME: Geomap

URL TO DOWNLOAD/PURCHASE: Geomap Addon

COMPATIBILITY: Geocore version 16+ default, fusion, marquee templates. Customisations are available for older versions of Geodesic's, please use contact form at Geolancer.net.

PRICE: Sale $150 USD

ADDON INFO: Geomap is a complete rewrite following the original listing map, and made compatible for v16 templates - default, fusion, marquee. The addon is one of the best apps available out of the box for your Geocore site, and loaded with features. A number of ecommerce sites on the market today are employing interactive maps in a way that enhances user experience. Interactive maps are one of the fastest ways to advertise mutliple ads over multiple regions as customers browse.

Features:

• Bootstrap enabled
    • Fully responsive web design
    • Customisable templates
    • Clean solid design
    • Interactive User Experience (UX)
    • 7 map tile views between Google and Mapquest Maps
    • Marker clustering
    • Max zoom to region bounds [full map reset view]
    • Filterable auction & classified marker results
    • Modal info windows
    • Selectable region display
    • Modal window country display. (Note the wikipedia link in the demo region modal window. This is an extremely useful tool to target information to customers re. demographics of country, city, town etc. Very handy if you're advertising real estate, holiday listings.)
    • Selectable geolocation shows your current location with nearby listing's
    • Map panning updates side menu with synchronised markers
    • Search filter side menu results
    • Sort side menu results
    • Toggle show hide side menu with map resizing
    • Drop down nav menu displays map legend modal. (Further menus can be created if desired.)
    • Edit auctions and classifieds from my account active listings, using icon link
    • Latitude / longitude, geolocation assistance, for coordinate storage through my account
    • Geojson data files for top level countries of the world. (Search each country by name or part name.)

Note: You are able to create unique datafiles and with customisation, cause the script to offer customers a unique search experience. Geomap is built to display datafile information in autocomplete format via the nav bar. Datafiles alongside API providers like Google or Mapquest, greatly reduce lookup rates that can lead to over quota limits. They buffer API downtime, produce faster response rates, save money and are relatively easy to customise.

This is an extremely powerful mapping addon, with advanced features. See Geolancer.net for more info and a demo.
    Last edited by 1kiwi1; February 24th, 2016 at 09:23 AM.
    1kiwi1
    IT, Geodesic-3PTY-Development
    http://forum.geolancer.net

looks nice!
    Matt Nelson
    Lead Developer
    Geodesic Solutions, LLC.

thank you !
    1kiwi1

The heavy weight of compliments! Matt left out that you should look for something similar in 16.02.2!
    GeoCore 18+

"A hammer that sits on the shelf drives no nails." --Matt

"Where people are working mistakes are made. We all make a mistake now and then." --edvissers

Quote Originally Posted by RAS View Post
    The heavy weight of compliments! Matt left out that you should look for something similar in 16.02.2!
    Gotta give 1kiwi1 at least 12 months of exclusive rights on this.

Pat pending.

Lui

as always 1kiwi1 you are taking things to a new and better level! Just signed up at geolancer and will be buying a few things and hopefully more down the road. As you and I have discussed, this mapping addon is something i have needed for a long time but, as you accurately noted, there is no one size fits all/1 solution that will be what everyone needs and wants. I already had a 3rd party develop a custom solution for me to achieve most of what i needed/wanted (but NOT with map searchability and all the other bells and whistles you offer here) but I am definitely interested in this addon and considering just starting over (again) and moving forward with this or, more likely, a big customization of this. Here are a few questions (and embedded hopes/wishes lol) so I have a better idea of how this currently works and what would be possible:

1) in the demo I see the search function, and it looks REAL slick! However, there doesn't seem to be any integration with browsing search filters.... is that possible or at least planned?

2) how is the location info entered / exact coordinates set? Are the current built in methods of entering an address, and the geo nav regions used and it calculates and saves the lat/long behind the scenes? Or does a seller have to know the lat/long and enter that? OR is the listing location done via dropping a pin on the map?

3) I know we can set map zoom etc, but I am curious whether, IF I want to focus on only ONE country (the US for example) if there is a way to make things refined with the addon itself and maybe make things easier/faster on the listing posting and searching sides.... I noted this in the addon description but somehow did not see the link described so not sure whether is relevant or not:
    Modal window country display. (Note: the wikipedia link in the demo region modal window. This is an extremely useful tool allowing you to target information to customers e.g, demographics of country, city, town. Very handy if you're advertising real estate, holiday listings.)
    4) I think it is GREAT that we can allow a browser to select/deselect based on classifieds and auctions..... would it be possible to modify that to select/de-select by "categories", at least if we are ONLY offering either auctions or classifieds and not both on our sites? My site is classifieds only, with only 3 categories, so that would be a real helpful filter option already.

5) Different markers per category possible or planned?

6) This is one that applies most likely only to sites like mine, but I would be interested in either a) the ability to enable/disable per category or b) a way to offset street addresses/anonymize them in some categories. As has been discussed in another thread here regarding "privacy" and location info for listings, I have 2 categories that I would NOT expect people to want their precise location to be displayed in a listing or via map, so I already have a sloppy workaround solution that randomly offsets the coordinates slightly and then displays a circle rather than a marker so a viewer knows it is in that "general area" but the true location is not revealed.

All of these points are Wishful thinking, and picky, I know... but figured was worth putting out there to see if possible with some customizations since these are all factors for me to look at before transitioning over. Believe me I would LOVE to use this, and definitely prefer to pay you to customize the addon and know that it is built to work with geo and will work going forward etc rather than relying on my 3rd party and own duct tape solutions... but depends on what is possible with the addon already, what is planned, and what is doable within financial reason.

All of these questions I hope are in no way taken as a criticism of your addon and hard work... I am amazed by it and grateful for all you have helped over the years here for free and GLAD that your site is up and running now and you can start earning money with your expertise. If not with this addon, I am sure your handywork will be helping my site out via some other addon soon anyways! cheers, snappy

Quote Originally Posted by Snappy View Post
    as always 1kiwi1 you are taking things to a new and better level! Just signed up at geolancer and will be buying a few things and hopefully more down the road. As you and I have discussed, this mapping addon is something i have needed for a long time but, as you accurately noted, there is no one size fits all/1 solution that will be what everyone needs and wants. I already had a 3rd party develop a custom solution for me to achieve most of what i needed/wanted (but NOT with map searchability and all the other bells and whistles you offer here) but I am definitely interested in this addon and considering just starting over (again) and moving forward with this or, more likely, a big customization of this. Here are a few questions (and embedded hopes/wishes lol) so I have a better idea of how this currently works and what would be possible:

1) in the demo I see the search function, and it looks REAL slick! However, there doesn't seem to be any integration with browsing search filters.... is that possible or at least planned?

2) how is the location info entered / exact coordinates set? Are the current built in methods of entering an address, and the geo nav regions used and it calculates and saves the lat/long behind the scenes? Or does a seller have to know the lat/long and enter that? OR is the listing location done via dropping a pin on the map?

3) I know we can set map zoom etc, but I am curious whether, IF I want to focus on only ONE country (the US for example) if there is a way to make things refined with the addon itself and maybe make things easier/faster on the listing posting and searching sides.... I noted this in the addon description but somehow did not see the link described so not sure whether is relevant or not:

4) I think it is GREAT that we can allow a browser to select/deselect based on classifieds and auctions..... would it be possible to modify that to select/de-select by "categories", at least if we are ONLY offering either auctions or classifieds and not both on our sites? My site is classifieds only, with only 3 categories, so that would be a real helpful filter option already.

5) Different markers per category possible or planned?

6) This is one that applies most likely only to sites like mine, but I would be interested in either a) the ability to enable/disable per category or b) a way to offset street addresses/anonymize them in some categories. As has been discussed in another thread here regarding "privacy" and location info for listings, I have 2 categories that I would NOT expect people to want their precise location to be displayed in a listing or via map, so I already have a sloppy workaround solution that randomly offsets the coordinates slightly and then displays a circle rather than a marker so a viewer knows it is in that "general area" but the true location is not revealed.

All of these points are Wishful thinking, and picky, I know... but figured was worth putting out there to see if possible with some customizations since these are all factors for me to look at before transitioning over. Believe me I would LOVE to use this, and definitely prefer to pay you to customize the addon and know that it is built to work with geo and will work going forward etc rather than relying on my 3rd party and own duct tape solutions... but depends on what is possible with the addon already, what is planned, and what is doable within financial reason.

All of these questions I hope are in no way taken as a criticism of your addon and hard work... I am amazed by it and grateful for all you have helped over the years here for free and GLAD that your site is up and running now and you can start earning money with your expertise. If not with this addon, I am sure your handywork will be helping my site out via some other addon soon anyways! cheers, snappy
    Hiya Snappy! Gosh I missed this thread totally but for the alert in my emails. So a few questions here. Okay let me see ...

This addon is best suited as a standalone paged addon, though I guess it could be made to work elsewhere. The whole reason is that a lot of e-commerce sites are now just offering a blown up version of mapping on their own page. It does use a lot of the latest techniques out there, and not to blow my own trumpet, but it is one of the more advanced GIS applications. At the same time it does things a bit differently as follows.

#1: Browsing search filters.

There are four ways to search the map. Geolocation, Typeahead autosuggestion [top right], Side menu - filter and sort, Map overlay [reference / points of interest].

Geolocation: This map has the ability to find your current location using geolocation, and when it does show you relevant listings that are nearby.

Typeahead auto-suggest: This is like an autocomplete. On entering the first three letters, numbers or any type of relevant data associated to your search it will suggest to you what you're looking for. The data that this will find is the data you put in there. This is both a tricky and arguably better way of providing search results. In brief, you will be searching data that is pulled from the database in the form of GEOJSON, you will also be pulling data out of special data files that you can create. That's where the real power of this addon comes in. You can create whatever data you want in those data files. They're static, meaning you do not tax the database or an external API. Way quicker, you have total power over creating the data and best of all you have no quota limits, no fees to pay, no API keys, it's all yours. You just need to follow the format I've created and away you go serving up your clients a unique search experience by showing them whatever data you want. Maybe you want to show direct and nearby motels, hotels, lakes, fishing spots, airports, schools. Maybe you want to offer a detailed city search right down to specific house numbers. Admittedly it is limitless what you can do, but you have to take time to write it in. Once a client searches the auto-suggest box, it will show the result and upon clicking the item, take them to the position on the map along with a modal window that opens for reference. I have only put in the sites Auction / Classified listings and all the top level countries of the world for search. The regions modal window can have wikipedia in there to tell people about the region, but you can put what you want in there, even video.

Synchronised side menu and map panning:
    Whatever search results you come up with, and wherever you search on the map, as you pan around the map, more listings will appear in the map views while updating the side menu results dynamically.

Side menu filter and ordering:
    When results are displayed in the left side menu, you can use the search box to whittle them down to exactly what you want. Again, the search is working on characters in your search compared against the results in the side menu. If you have 100 results, and looking for a sequence of numbers [postcode], a certain named listing i.e, Shoes, or whatever, you can successfully whittle the 100 results down to a small selection. In doing so, the map will update its markers also to show only those results. So if you want to filter things by postcode, size, shape, location using the side search, then just make sure you display that data as part of the side listing to begin with. You can also order results alphabetically etc.

Map overlay reference points:
    The data for this area is tied into the top auto-suggest. If you uncheck them and turn them off, they disappear from side menu, map overlays and auto-suggest. They are major filters, but as I've mentioned if you want to show different data and markers on the map you can, I've only shown Auctions and Classifieds, Regions. I do have storefronts in there, but not active as stores at the moment actually connect a client's home address or their site registration address as the storefront address.

#2 Capturing and entering location data.

All map markers are linked to a lat and lng point. For Auctions and Classifieds, that data is stored in the database as coordinates. If you have a look on Geolancer.net, you can see one of the screen caps depicts the my_account section. If you are a client, you have listings, then you will go into your active listings section, click on the manage this listing button and an icon for the mapping application will appear. Once clicked, it will take you to a special landing page that has already captured the listing data you will be editing. On that landing page there are a couple of fields to fill in asking for lat and lng coordinates. To assist in finding the correct points, there is a small map, that uses autocomplete geolocation and has a draggable map marker. As an address is typed in, Google's geolocation service will auto-suggest an address for you. Once you select that address, the lat / lng fields are populated. If you decide to drag the map marker again then the coordinates are updated. Once the correct coordinates are found, you save them to the database. Very simple really. If a person does not want to show their exact location, they should drag the marker to some place nearby, and use those coordinates. We can store Google's coordinates in this instance as they are being used with and for a Google based map. However, there's more than Google out there should you wish to change that up.

#3 & #4 & #5 Default location, category specific, marker icons.

You can set the map zoom and default locations to whatever region you want. You could also offer data USA specific, and customise the geolocator in my_account to only do lookups for USA I guess. You have probably got listing placement sorted as far as restricting listing types to be USA specific anyway. You can drop out the auctions and put in a couple of other categories if desired. It will be a mod though, because that part of the map uses php functions to serve up JSON, but it's all do-able. You then connect your map category marker to that overlay. As said somewhere, I have configured the map quite generic, but each to their own as far as they want to customise.

#6 Obfuscate addresses

You would be relying on the user to firstly enter a somewhat misleading location at the my_account section, secondly, you would tell the database query
    to obfuscate that particular category's location or identity, etc.

All mapped items are editable, so if someone gets it wrong they can go back and change it again very easily.

I appreciate your queries. Just of note, I have another Google specific mapping addon that utilises a toggle menu with category selection in it. It's a good map,
    though it needs a bit of tweaking as far as RWD. I also have a browsing section map mostly done, that reads the current category and regions your browsing in,
    and displays those results. By far though this map up on demo is one of the best.
    Last edited by 1kiwi1; March 4th, 2016 at 03:20 AM.
    1kiwi1

Quote Originally Posted by RAS View Post
    Last edited by 1kiwi1; August 31st, 2016 at 05:43 AM.
    1kiwi1