Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I really don't think this venture is as much about selling "crap." My guess is that it is about selling software and subscriptions. And I think that is a missing component in this conversation. How does Geo win/make $$$? They win by selling more scripts. How are they going to do that? My guess is that there is a MLM component to this madness. And the more Geo scripts out there, the more clients for Adplotter? There are much smarter people than I publicly opining about Adplotter/Geodesic but that is the direction I think this is heading.

What "bugs" () me is that Geo has devoted a ton of time and effort to this project and for that effort, has not made any real improvements to the software or progress towards bugs I have voted on!!! Just in case you were wondering...
    GeoCore 18+

"A hammer that sits on the shelf drives no nails." —Matt

"Where people are working mistakes are made. We all make a mistake now and then." —edvissers

Calvet, im starting to get a few listings from adplotter on the beta site and finding issues, they seem to be able to bypass the mapping fields, even though on my site they are mandatory, and its breaking the listing display page without the map displaying.

Going to check further on how they are doing it.

Will report on other issues as I find them.

Lui

Seems that the links from adsplotter are not clickable...

The Geo Mod for Ad Plotter may allow them to override certain fields. That may be the explanation on how they avoided the map field. How is the quality of these newly placed ads. Is it spam or legit ads?

Most of my ads are MLM, not what I expected really...

Thanks for reporting in. Keep us updated for any changes...

My ads are definitely C 2 C ads, the picture resolution is really low, but other then the mapping issue so far not too bad,

Lui

Quote Originally Posted by RAS View Post
    I really don't think this venture is as much about selling "crap." My guess is that it is about selling software and subscriptions. the more Geo scripts out there, the more clients for Adplotter?
    I agree that this is likely to be the main reason for doing this; so that people don't have to start out with an empty site. Whether that will increase the number that actually survive and make a success I have no idea.

I've not tried Adplotter but I would be very concerned about low quality spam ads appearing on my site; is there any way with this new Adplotter feature to specify which types of ads you allow on your site and which ads you block?

Quote Originally Posted by RAS View Post
    What "bugs" () me is that Geo has devoted a ton of time and effort to this project and for that effort, has not made any real improvements to the software or progress towards bugs I have voted on!!! Just in case you were wondering...
    I would much prefer to have a feature to enable users to buy products through the site rather than this feature. So if strategic collaborations are the way forward for Geodesic I'd prefer a collaboration with an online payment provider that was likely to survive.

On Monday I installed Ad Plotter on my site. Configuration was simple and straightforward. I've configured it so that almost every category is accepted and allowed to pass thru. So far I've received about 6 ads over a period of a week. Of the 6 ads I deleted 5 because of their spam nature or poor quality. I noticed that if a user doesn't post an image with his ad while using Ad Poster, it does not activate the no image picture on your site. You just get a massive blank space that's not clickable. One Ad I received just said Art Work in the description. That's it. No image, no details, no city and no selling information. So for the first week test, all I can report back is that both quality and quantity is extremely poor.