Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

WOW Thanks 1Kiwi1
    After 12 hours of trying to sort Google maps out in the hidden div I copied and pasted the above code you give me and it works perfect, and took less than 1 minute to do. Google maps has been a total pain in the neck for me and many more on this forum I was about to remove it all together and not bother with maps.

Can I just also add that this template in my opinion is the best so far and what I have been waiting for, its nice and crisp and modern and very well put together, I had been told by a few people that the original pages was a bit outdated, but I think their will now like the new look. Thanks is given to the developers of this template and best of all its totally FREEEE.

Thanks so much 1Kiwi1
    Last edited by garnett2506; November 16th, 2014 at 04:58 AM.

you're welcome

7.4.4 includes a fix for both of the issues mentioned in this thread: it makes the Design tools fully aware of the "smarty" folder (so that it copies correctly) and also adds a hook so that the map can be resized when its tab loads. If you're seeing either of those issues with the marquee templates, update to 7.4.4.
    Matt Nelson
    Lead Developer
    Geodesic Solutions, LLC.

Thanks for the info Matt. No wonder I am not experiencing the issues the guys are talking about here. I did do the update to 7.4.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    7.4.4 includes a fix for both of the issues mentioned in this thread: it makes the Design tools fully aware of the "smarty" folder (so that it copies correctly) and also adds a hook so that the map can be resized when its tab loads. If you're seeing either of those issues with the marquee templates, update to 7.4.4.
    ... so custom $smarty functions now behave correctly ≥ 7.4.4. I was going to ask why not an addon which could cater older sites via $public_version etc, but I guess the upside is catching a few exceptions otherwise not identified. If people choose not to upgrade though, the fixes here could work or we can turn similar $smarty plugins to addons ... just thoughts regarding future template creations. Thanks for the update!

Sorry Guys, but could someone tells me the steps to follow to install those templates?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by firstads.biz View Post
    Sorry Guys, but could someone tells me the steps to follow to install those templates?
    Thanks
    down load the template and ftp it to your template main templates folder if you don't have the latest update to 7.4.4 then you have quite a bit of work to do, so would recommend updating first. when you have done the above go to your templates and set the marquee template as your main and also tick the my templates so it can pull the info from that original template, sound complicated but its not. Note quite a bit of work if you have auctions and classifieds as this template seems to be based on classified only, but it will come together and will learn you as it has me I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by garnett2506 View Post
    down load the template and ftp it to your template main templates folder if you don't have the latest update to 7.4.4 then you have quite a bit of work to do, so would recommend updating first. when you have done the above go to your templates and set the marquee template as your main and also tick the my templates so it can pull the info from that original template, sound complicated but its not. Note quite a bit of work if you have auctions and classifieds as this template seems to be based on classified only, but it will come together and will learn you as it has me I hope.
    Find them here https://geodesicsolutions.com/client...ategory_id,16/

Quote Originally Posted by garnett2506 View Post
    down load the template and ftp it to your template main templates folder if you don't have the latest update to 7.4.4 then you have quite a bit of work to do, so would recommend updating first. when you have done the above go to your templates and set the marquee or fusion template as your main and also tick the my templates so it can pull the info from that original template, sound complicated but its not. Note quite a bit of work if you have auctions and classifieds as this template seems to be based on classified only, but it will come together and will learn you as it has me I hope.
    Find them here https://geodesicsolutions.com/client...ategory_id,16/

Quote Originally Posted by 1kiwi1 View Post
    I'm using it stand alone with default.
    1. Log-in to your site as Admin
    2. Select DESIGN --> Template Sets
    3. Click the Upload Template Set --> select the downloaded marquee_7.4.zip file
    4. You will be asked if to make this file 'active' and if you want to change the name of the uploaded set
    I just chose to make it active.
    5 I did the Re-Scan Attachments for the new template set (not sure if that is needed)
    6. Clicked the My Site tab and all displayed fine.