Note on Features: Some features documented here require an addon, refer to the Feature List for details.
Note about 'Listings': The use of the term "listings" in the user manual can refer to classifieds, classified ads, standard auctions, dutch auctions, reverse auctions, and buy now only.
Table of Contents
18) Multi-Language Setup
The software allows for any number of languages to be in use on the client side. This allows your clients to see all system text and templates within a language you setup and allow your clients to view on the client side.
Highlights of the Multi-Language Feature:
- Ability to see all system generated text of the client side by language choice
- Ability to see all templates used on the client side by language choice
- Ability to allow the client side user to choose the language they view the site in from the languages you've configured in the software
- This feature does NOT translate client entered text. It is best you not try to create a feature to do this as automatic translation tools can sometimes miscommunicate features that prove very important. Besides the seller will insert a listing in the language they understand. There is no use having clients send them questions in languages they cannot understand
- Ability to browse the site using a language filter. This allows users to only view listings that were inserted using the language they have currently selected to view the site in.
- Flexible ability to set a language cookie to the client browser
- Ability to set language specific attention getters
- You can export languages for local translation in a program like Microsoft Office or Openoffice
Where is the language features of the software managed?
You can create languages within the system using the following admin tools:
LANGUAGES > LANGUAGE HOME
And manage a few aspects of it within that page like exporting a language for external translation and reimport after translation. You can set a specific template set to a specific language use within this admin tool:
DESIGN > TEMPLATE SETS
Things to know when managing languages in the software
- The software does not translate client inserted data they insert into their listings
- The text you see on the client side is managed through a number of features. Any text you see will either be directly into a template or within the system text for the system.