Geodesic Solutions Company Blog
- Created on Monday, 23 January 2012 14:34
- Written by Jonathan Foote
Version 6.0.3 was just released, which contains a security fix reported by one of our clients. Since this vulnerability is not known "in the wild" that we know of, we are not revealing the details of the vulnerability, as doing so would give potential hackers the info they need to exploit un-patched sites. The vulnerability affects versions 3.0.0 through 6.0.2, if you are currently using an affected version, we highly recommend to either update to 6.0.3 as soon as possible, or apply the security patch for your version available in the client area.
- Simply login to your Client Area on our site, go to "My Downloads".
- Now, choose the product you need to apply the patch to (i.e. GeoClassAuctions Enterprise - Single License) and then Security Patch for Older Versions, if you are not going to update to version 6.0.3 at this time, and choose the patch for your current version (Your current version number is displayed in the footer of your software's admin panel).
- Download the zipped patch file to your pc, unzip it, then upload (FTP) the unzipped contents of the patch folder to your site, to the location where the software is installed, over-writing existing files. To ensure you are uploading the files to the correct spot on your site, the main thing is to make sure the uploaded files are "lining up" with files that already exist, that they are over-writing files and not uploading them to a new folder or uploading them "below" the folder the software is installed.
That's all there is to it. Simply overwrite the files in the software with those contained in the patch, and you're done.
* NOTE: If you are already running version 6.0.0 or later, you must update to Version 6.0.3, as there is no separate patch file available, the 6.0.3 update contains the patch you need along with other important fixes.