Default Mass SMS / text messenging from admin area add-on. Would anyone find it useful?

We just finished our first geo plug in. It's the ability for the geo sites to send SMS notification messages to membersí cell phones using a free SMS api service.

But that is in another thread:click here>> but thatís not why i am posting today.

I am toying with building another SMS messaging add on and want to see if anyone would actually use it.

In a nutshell its similar to the good old "sign up for newsletter" check box you see on a million sites. However the member is signing up to get free SMS messages sent to them from the websites owners.

This will be handled in the admin area with a simple message box that you type in your message "new free offers at www.MySite.com" you get the idea. Then admin hits "send and it auto sends the text message to all members that have opted to receive SMS notifications. If you have various groups set up we could give you a drop down to select a group, or choose ďall membersĒ

Thatís pretty much it. Just want to see if itís a viable idea before we build it.

Would love any feedback.

Garfield
    IMC Media Group, LLC

Hi garf90

yes, I think it will be very usefull for every geodesicsollutions users
    also, it can be used,
    it is a great idea, I think, it is worth you to develop it

HI

It sounds like something that would come in hand once my site is up and running,, what kind of price would this sell for once completed and would is work for sites in australia

ok thanks for the feedback. I will have my programmer look into it further and we might bundle it with our main SMS / messaging addon that is already finished and goes on sale in about a week: click here for details

As far as Australia. the addon will work anywhere. the issue is the SMS text messages API provider. We would have to look into it, it may need a little customizing, but i am sure is possible.