Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Affiliates using the entreprise version

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has set up some affiliates using the entreprise version.

If so, let me know...

Thanks!

Hello Michele,

What do you mean by, "affiliate". The affiliate feature that provides an internal page for our advertisers, or an affiliate program that monitors a referal network?

This definition
    The affiliate feature that provides an internal page for our advertisers,
    Thanks

Default Re: Affiliates using the entreprise version

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has set up some affiliates using the entreprise version.

If so, let me know...

Thanks!
    The enterprise classifieds affiliate system essentially builds a "all user ads" page that has a "backdoor" link the client can use to direct people from their own sites. The page templates used within the affiliate section is determined on a group by group basis.

admin,
    Thank you!

I have been considering setting this up on my site. Still draging my feet with the matter though. I been pretty busy with some different projects.

I see Ebay is offering a store front to their advertisers. It seems to be getting busy for them. I am noticing people advertising their Ebay stores on my site often.

Is there any Demo link to see it in action? I remember we need to send the back door link to people that advertise on site.
    Its not a choice, its a child.

Default Terminology

Probably too late to change it but what Geodesic calls "affiliates" everybody else I've seen calls "stores".

I was excited about the idea of automatically allowing people to be sent to our site from somewhere else and give them a commission on ads placed.

But as mentioned, the way Geodesic does things, an affiliate is more for somebody to browse their ads. I haven't worked with it so maybe somebody who has can tell me more about how it works.

It sounds like it just displays ads for a particular lister, which could be useful to some people if it's just displayed as a list. But if an affiliate has 100 items in knickknacks and nothing in any other category, displaying pickup trucks or apartments wouldn't be helpful.

So has anybody worked with affiliates?

Default Re: Terminology

Quote Originally Posted by jdeibele
    Probably too late to change it but what Geodesic calls "affiliates" everybody else I've seen calls "stores".

I was excited about the idea of automatically allowing people to be sent to our site from somewhere else and give them a commission on ads placed.

But as mentioned, the way Geodesic does things, an affiliate is more for somebody to browse their ads. I haven't worked with it so maybe somebody who has can tell me more about how it works.

It sounds like it just displays ads for a particular lister, which could be useful to some people if it's just displayed as a list. But if an affiliate has 100 items in knickknacks and nothing in any other category, displaying pickup trucks or apartments wouldn't be helpful.

So has anybody worked with affiliates?
    Depends on how much effort you want to put into this feature...but here was the original vision behind it. Others probably have come up with other uses though.

Enterprise Classifieds Only

You give "affiliate" privileges on a user group by user group basis. Within each user group you can determine a custom page template within that section. Those with affiliate privileges also have the ability to place their own html (that they enter within their information edit screen within the client side admin tool) within that template. The code generated within the "mainbody" placed within those templates does not generate any links outside of the affiliate side...so you could essentially create a base template with no external links, place the users html within it and the "affiliate" member has their own "backend" that only contains their own ads. If they have 100's of ads they will be able to browse from page to page only viewing their ads.

This feature will be in the Enterprise Auctions but will have much less impact in that you must log into the site to place a bid.

Admin,

Are there any plans to incorporate affiliates that can have categories and subcategories?

Default Affiliates

I think calling it affiliates makes it sound more complicated than what you seem (to me) to be describing. And it conflicts with things like Amazon's affiliates program, where you get X% if someone buys a book or CD.

I really like the concept of "use this as a link to all of your ads and just your ads". Which I would call "my ads". Somebody with a garage sale could list some items separately and have 1 ad for all of their stuff.

Personally, I would want the option to let people enter our site. Maybe some people wouldn't want to use it. I'm confident that we'd be able to take the stock GC feature and add a link from "my ads" to the main site. Meaning I'm not asking for you to change it for us.

But I'd REALLY think about changing the term you use for this feature.