Results 1 to 1 of 1
June 5th, 2007, 12:02 PM #1
3.0.1 for All Products and Editions Released.
We are pleased to announce that version 3.0.1 for GeoClassifieds, GeoAuctions, and GeoClassAuctions, for Enterprise, Premier, and Basic editions is now available. This is the first release that uses a common software code base for all products and editions. For Enterprise editions, this is a maintenance release that fixes several bugs found in 3.0.0 (See release notes for more info). For Premier and Basic, this is a major update from previous versions (Read below for more info)
Refer to this post, for more info on what the new release number means.
Who Should Update
Code modifications: As always, if you have any PHP code modifications, to update you will need to re-apply those changes after you update, and custom code modifications are not supported in the helpdesk system. Keep this in mind when deciding whether you want to update or not.
High traffic sites For high traffic sites, it is recommended to first test the update on a test location, so that the update on the live site is as seamless as possible.
If currently using 3.0.0 RC1-RC4 or 3.0.0 (final), it is highly recommended to update to 3.0.1.
If Enterprise and currently using any of these versions:
If running any other version, we only recommend the update if you want to take advantage of new feature not in your current version, for current Basic and Premier edition products, this is a totally new software platform, so it is not a simple update.
Software Update Cost
If you have purchased the software within the last year, this will be a free software update. If you are outside of your 1 year of downloads, or are not sure, contact the sales department at email@example.com to get a free price quote for the update to 3.0.1.
New Cart/License System
If you do not have an account to log into the client area, you will need to be added to our new integrated shopping cart/license system in order to download the new version. Send the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org when you are requesting the 3.0.1 update:
Zip / Postal Code:
Read the release notes for information on new features and bug fixes on the linked page.
Refer to the User Manual for update instructions.
Update Wizard Issues:
Firefox, and potentially other browsers, seems to add .gz or similar to the install/update executable when downloaded from the client area of our site. If your download ends in anything besides .exe when downloading a wizard package, remove it so that it ends in .exe. Also, if you have problems when you use the wizard, see this post.
There is an example addon, which documents the built-in functionality for the new addon structure. If you wish to get the example addon: (instructions may change):
- Purchase the example addon (for free) in the cart, by logging into the client area, and viewing the details of an enterprise order, find the link that says "Buy new addons, support and upgrade packages" and click on it.
- Go to the order details page for the order you just purchased.
- There should be a download for the example addon on this page.
If you have any problems, start a support ticket, or post a reply to this thread.
- Troubleshooting will be located in the tools available in the support section of our site, the main resource being the updates user manual. Currently there are no troubleshooting tips specifically for this release.
- There have been a few problems found in the premier and basic editions of the software for 3.0.1. All known issues are fixed by the software patch, available for download in the client area. So far, only Premier and Basic editions are affected by the bugs, there are no known issues for Enterprise editions.
Once we are satisfied that all issues are resolved, we will be making a new maintenence release, 3.0.2, to address the issues fixed in the patch.
See this thread for discussion relating to this release. (must be a registered user, and logged in, to see the thread)
By jonyo in forum New Release InfoReplies: 0Last Post: May 10th, 2007, 05:39 PM
By jbyerson in forum Commercial DevelopmentReplies: 2Last Post: July 28th, 2006, 03:12 AM