Default Why is the support ticket system DEAD?

We've been posting support tickets for weeks - with zero response.

Now we can't even get into the ticket system.

The promises of rapid response to support requests is sounding more and more like hollow, pre-sales hype.

I'm this close to filing a chargeback complaint with our credit card company for the purchase of GeoClassAuctions Enterprise. We paid for software and support. The software doesn't work as we were told it would, and the support is non-existent.

I'll bet this doesn't make it into the Geodesic home page testimonials.

Cheers,
    George

Default Re: Why is the support ticket system DEAD?

Quote Originally Posted by smartypants
    We've been posting support tickets for weeks - with zero response.

Now we can't even get into the ticket system.

The promises of rapid response to support requests is sounding more and more like hollow, pre-sales hype.

I'm this close to filing a chargeback complaint with our credit card company for the purchase of GeoClassAuctions Enterprise. We paid for software and support. The software doesn't work as we were told it would, and the support is non-existent.

I'll bet this doesn't make it into the Geodesic home page testimonials.

Cheers,
    George
    They are very quick. Unless something has broke in there tickets. Call the 1-800 and leave a message maybe something is not setup correctly. I have seen this happen before. The ticket system is only as good as it works. If something on there server breaks and no one tells them then they have no knowledge. Give them a yell

P.S they do not answer support tickets on Weekends. Only on Week Days

Thanks for the note.

Yes, I did the voice mail thing. But doesn't that say something when the recommended way to get a response is to fire all guns - email, trouble tickets, telephone?

You say they're quick. That hasn't been our experience. But maybe affiliate developers get better treatment than the average customer. And I can forgive weekends off - a little - but not after three weeks.

The silence is deafening.

And it's not how the product and service were sold to us.

But I do thank you for the response. Nice to know that SOMEBODY is paying attention.

Cheers,
    George

We all pay attention. No they do not give developers special attention. Everyone seems to believe that though. Actually they are slower to reply to us because we should know it.

When you offer phone support it slows things down to a crawl. I would rather see them coding and making the products better then on the phone all day.

You are in good company. Everyone is very helpful here. When you first get the product it is frustrations as your trying to get over the learning curve.

99% of answers are in the manual, forum, knowledge base. Now finding it is the hard part. Clients tend to get lazy and rifle off a ticket to support instead of looking for the answer. In a perfect world none of us would get sick.

You have purchase a very powerful piece of software. As you learn more about it you will see what I am talking about.

So are you saying they consider us lazy for sending two trouble tickets in the past month and it's ok to leave us hanging?

Cheers,
    George

jonyo is offline Veteran GeoUser Geo Development Team

Smartypants, let me know what e-mail you are sending the ticket from, and I'll look into what the problem is.

So are you saying they consider us lazy for sending two trouble tickets in the past month and it's ok to leave us hanging?

Cheers,
    George
    No I am saying in general this is how people are. With Geodesic I am sure there is something not working correctly.

I believe the tickets were sent from EMAIL REMOVED

Edited by admin (privacy)

jonyo is offline Veteran GeoUser Geo Development Team

I believe the tickets were sent from EMAIL REMOVED

Edited by admin (privacy)
    I found 3 tickets in the system, under different e-mails but using the same domain name.

Ticket 1: Started on August 6 has been resolved and closed.

Ticket 2: Started November 4, regarding questions about the API and login problems with VBullitin, that has been replied to this morning and awaiting response.

Ticket 3: Started on November 5, saying that the ticket sent on November 4th hasn't been answered yet (basically the same as your original post for this thread) and has been replied to this morning.

If you have not received the responses to the 2 tickets this morning, check to make sure they were not put in your junk mail folder.

Are there any other tickets you started before this weekend? Those 3 were the only ones I found for e-mail domain you listed.

If you have started other tickets, I am not able to find them in the system. If you still have the ticket number let me know what it is and I'll try to pull it up. (you should receive a response from the system when you start a ticket, that states the ticket # that was created)

Note that we are not in the office on weekends and holidays, so I apologize for the response delay to the 2 tickets started over the weekend.

Also, some time over this weekend our server's SSL went down, meaning you could not log into the support system (along with other parts of the site that require SSL going down). All tickets started by sending an e-mail to support@geodesicsolutions.com should have gone through ok. The ticket system log in should be back up now.

PS: I removed your e-mail address in your post, to keep spammers from finding it.