Default Seeking mysql bulk data import (commercial) assistance

Hello,

I am seeking the commercial assistance of a mySQL proficient developer to enable an automated (probably cron driven) daily import of files from a nominated directory, on my server that will receive csv data files generated and FTP'd from other legacy automotive dealer stock management systems. The data files will need to be mapped from 3 or 4 versions of these systems, each describing a vehicle in slightly different formats.
    Using GeoclassAuctions, most will be transcribed as classified listings, but if required, as auction listings.
    My top level category is "country" then below that, several categories of vehicle types. The vehicle description is defined by all 20 of the optional site-wide fields, but some of these may be best concatonated to deal wi th the various source file differences (eg Model/series/variant migh best be determined as a combined "model". Most would go into a single general level 1 category, though some will need to be flagged by the source dealer as other 1st level categories such as "sports and perfomance", or "classic".
    Does anyone within this community claim a solid working knowledge enabling a robust solution. I am not looking for a manual bulk upload tool, as the dealers are already auto-loading to several print-media owned portals. My site just deals with a niche component.
    MarkJ

Default Join the Club

I need a similar program and once i have got my head more firmly around the new version of the ClassiEnterprise product i will be doing it myself. (The hard way. trial and error and swearing).

Cron job solution is actually harder in my experience unless you have complete control of the server running the job. I am looking for a php solution that would more tightly intergrate with the geo product so that key functionality is not missed with the next upgrade.

The trigger can be something as easy as a scheduled/automated page refresh or even similar to the existing aging process that is tied to the main web page triggered by the next visitor.
    A truely low cost New Zealand based online classifieds site.
    w.w.w..e.j.u.n.k..c.o..n.z.
    (A Geo Enterprise W3C 4.01 Transitional Compliant Site & inprogress CSS 2.0 Complliant Site)

Default Re: Seeking mysql bulk data import (commercial) assistance

Quote Originally Posted by carsglobal
    Hello,
    Does anyone within this community claim a solid working knowledge enabling a robust solution. I am not looking for a manual bulk upload tool, as the dealers are already auto-loading to several print-media owned portals. My site just deals with a niche component.
    Hi Mark,
    We have a deep working knowledge of the Geodesic architecture and Linux/MySql. We can do this kind of work for you easily. Please PM me if you are interested, or visit our website below and hit the Contact Us link.

Bob

http://www.interactivevillages.com
    Interactive Villages LLC
    Custom modules, programming and hosting for all Geodesic products!