Default comparison of classified ad products

Hi,

I am new to Geodesic classified products. And before making the purchase decision, I would like to ask for your opinions on how does the Geodesic classifieds Enterprise version compare to other classified ads product such as PHPMYDIRECTORY. I am looking at mainly in comparing in term of feature, scalability, and response time.

Comments, suggestions are much appreciated.

JP

Hi

We researched both PHPMD and GEO on behalf of a client and found that GEO ENt was far more flexible and feature rich pound for pound.

From an owner perspective the GEO package is pretty straight-forward to manage and is open to all skill levels. You are able to work with the software straight from the box or redesign completely from the ground up with a minimum of effort.

Yes, there is a learning curve, but in comparison to other platforms we have developed, the timescale was much much shorter.

The back-end operation is thorough and completely versatile. We have no qualms in recommending GEO as the premium classified ads pack. But of course, it all depends on what you need/want from your software and of course your budget.

Just remember one thing....<<MAINBODY>> for all the functions, boy, we spent hours figuring this out and all we had to do was read the manual...

I will of course supply you with a URL within a day or two to see what redesign we have achieved, but if you check out the main geo site, there are examples already posted.

Regards
    Daren

Default Re: comparison of classified ad products

Quote Originally Posted by jbyerson
    Hi,

I am new to Geodesic classified products. And before making the purchase decision, I would like to ask for your opinions on how does the Geodesic classifieds Enterprise version compare to other classified ads product such as PHPMYDIRECTORY. I am looking at mainly in comparing in term of feature, scalability, and response time.

Comments, suggestions are much appreciated.

JP
    I think the competition is between Esvon and Geodesic, as no other scripts comes close to the same level of complexity of features except these 2. I am quite sure that the rest are not really benchmarked for serious Classifieds/Directory owners. The only one more that is closer is e-classifieds, but they charge the highest among the big 3 and I do not see why we need to pay so much for startup.

My main concern is that Esvon's script is encrypted. If your business is successful, you Must use them to upgrade the script. I would not write more, if you can read between the lines what it means to your wallet. They may have some interesting modules (e.g. PPC, comparison modules), but it depends on whether you need it for your Classifieds.

btw, I am a new customer of Geodesic and just paid for the software, and now waiting for the download links. Looking forward to joining this community. (Esvon does not have any support forum)