Default Measuring "per click" for ads

hi guys

just curious if anyone knows of a way to measure and track the amount of clicks each ad recieves. Im toying with the idea of making the payments all PPC based, but just want to see if its possible before i develop the idea any more

i was thinking that perhaps it could be done with some sort of code added into the "display ads" or "search results" pages, or perhaps as a hit counter within the ad itself. And i suppose that there would have to be some interaction with a database somewhere along the line as well, in order to track and keep record of the clicks

or maybe it can simply be done by analyzing the traffic data for the site? itd be great if it were that simple...

equineads, id be pretty interested to see what you think about the idea
    (seeing as you are the resident module genius!)

thanks
    Patrick

Default Pay Per Click

I do not think there is a way, at least not now anyway, to do that with Geo but it is a feature with AdPeeps.
    New webmaster. New GeoClassAuctions Version. Need all the help I can get. Way in over my head but still trying.

I'm assuming that you are talking about the actual ads themselves, not banner or secondary advertising?

The ads have their own counter which can be placed on the page and also shows up on the user management section. Beyond that, anything else would have to be integrated into the site.

With the potential for click fraud on regular advertising, not sure how this would go over, as a potential user, I might have concerns about clicks being racked up against my ads with no real buyers coming out of it... but it may all depend on what you are wanting to do, I'm just thinking of this as a typcial classifieds use.

Default Clicks

Sorry. I have been a newspaper and magazine publisher and print ad salesman for over 20 years and when I see the word "ads", all that comes to mind are what you would call banner ads, what I would refer to as display ads.

I am just setting up a Premier site and getting my exposure to all these PHP, templates and other things I don't understand and can't find.

Having personally created, published and printed a weekly Buy and Sell Magazine, setting it up in print is a lot easier, but making it run from week to week on the internet could be magic.

I have recently found, as I have been practicing with placing classified ads that you can see how many times a classified ad has been visited but that may not be the same as how many times it has been seriously read, just how many times it was clicked on.

For banner/display ads the clicks in AdPeeps could possibly be misrepresented but given all the options for reporting, like what time the ad was visited and from what browser and possibly from what url, I would think that any pattern of abuse would be pretty easy to spot.

Only a total idiot would try to fake the true figures. The dumbest thing than anyone can possibly due is to forget that business people talk to each other, all day, every day.

If you put in your time promoting your site and start to get results you can reliably prove, business people will promote you to other businesses far better than you ever could. I have stated 2 profitable small classified advertising publications - made enough money to at least enough to feed, shelter and clothe my family. I expect it will take a year or so to get enough classified ads to start to draw commerial advertisers. 99% of those commercial ads will only come from face to face, bellybutton to bellybutton talking.
    New webmaster. New GeoClassAuctions Version. Need all the help I can get. Way in over my head but still trying.

Default any php coders here to help with this tough one?

thanks guys, i thought this post was going to be ignored for life!!

its probably not going to be your normal classifieds sort of site - more like a list/review site for travel services in different areas

looks like im going to have to tweak some code here and there to get it to work - anyone handy with php want to help me out here? obviously therell be pay involved, so if you wanna know more or discuss things a little more in depth, drop me an email

patrick

Thought this was Active... Silly me... Silly spammers.