Thread: New scripts

Default New scripts

Hello, not sure if right place to post but could not think of anywhere else.

I have had a review script for a while and having been playing with it on local server, it is a very nice script with some nice features, the best review script i have found.

The problem is that is appears to be a one man band and development has appeared to have stopped. It is a closed source php script but an opensource version was supposed to come out in summer and i hoped this would revive script as community could get involved, but alas it has not appeared.

Now i don't want to tell you how to run your business but you also write a nice script and activly use community to improve your products, but would hate to see this script die and would love it someone took over the devlopement of script or produced another one which offered features this one does.

A review script would be a great addition to nich market auction or classified site.

Suppose you want to know what script i am on about

The link to details is below, there is a demo site too.

http://www.incursio.com/products/censura/index.html

Now i may be wrong and this script will come to life but doubt it.

Default Re: New scripts

Quote Originally Posted by carpman
    Hello, not sure if right place to post but could not think of anywhere else.

I have had a review script for a while and having been playing with it on local server, it is a very nice script with some nice features, the best review script i have found.

The problem is that is appears to be a one man band and development has appeared to have stopped. It is a closed source php script but an opensource version was supposed to come out in summer and i hoped this would revive script as community could get involved, but alas it has not appeared.

Now i don't want to tell you how to run your business but you also write a nice script and activly use community to improve your products, but would hate to see this script die and would love it someone took over the devlopement of script or produced another one which offered features this one does.

A review script would be a great addition to nich market auction or classified site.

Suppose you want to know what script i am on about

The link to details is below, there is a demo site too.

http://www.incursio.com/products/censura/index.html

Now i may be wrong and this script will come to life but doubt it.
    Hey Carpman,

Have you looked at the classified ad voting system feature within the Enterprise Classifieds? Seems like most of the way to where this script is. Just took a quick look at their script though.

No not looked at it but will, censura has some nice features like the ability to share forum userbase and create link for in each item so user can start discussion in forum, or if already created they would be taken to it.

Having commercial features like creating buy now links under item and using amazon api is nice, also having the ability to have vendors sign up and create their own catalog of items either free or as paid service is good.

It is not perfect and does not have session support so users of forum have to login again for reviews, would love to see it start up again or someone take it over.

Could be a market for you, i have not found a review script that comes close to features, especially features that enable you to earn from review site.