Default Wordpress, GeoClassAuction Enterprise and vBulletin Site Development

I want to develop my Classified / Auction site using Wordpress as the front end GeoClassAuction Enterprise for the classifieds and auctions then vBulletin for the Community Forum and a 3rd party video script to allow videos to be placed inside of ads and auctions without users having to use YouTube to embed their videos but before I move forward I have some questions I would like to ask in hopes that I will get some very helpful feedback from some of the professionals here.

1 - Can I use Wordpress as the front end of my site and display the contents and stats of classifieds and auctions from my GeoClassAuctions script without needing an add-on or a developer to do it?

My reason for wanting to use Wordpress as the front end is because I think it will offer my site many many more benefits in all aspects in the long run.

2 - When using Wordpress as my front end I notice that my URL's look like the following

http//mysite.com/classifieds/index.php with "classifieds" being the folder that houses my Geo installation but what I would like to be able to do is have both options such as:

http//mysite.com/classifieds (without having the index.php) and have it display only classifieds

and

http//mysite.com/auctions (without it displaying index.php) then that page would display only auction items?

Is this something that is at all possible?

3 - regarding Geographic URL's: when I setup my geographic areas is it better to run a WildCard Domain or to actually enter in each sub-domain such as http//newyork.mysite.com/classifieds etc...?

I notice that when running a WildCard domain any sub-domain can be entered before mysite.com and if not correct it will just forward you to my front page and I don't want this to ever be an issue with search engines.

4 - I want to use a 3rd party video script for users to be able to add videos to there classified ads and auctions is this possible or would I have to get a developer to make this script into an add-on so videos could be added during the listing process?

Also would I run into problems using a 3rd party video script later down the road when the developer issues updates?

This pretty much covers some of my questions to give me a good idea of how I should approach the development of my site.

Thank you to everyone that replies in advance.

So after 2 days no one is willing to chime in and offer help/advise on these questions?

I guess this is going to end up another dead topic along with many others here. It blows my mind at how many questions and topics go ignored or no one is willing to participate in unless the thread starter is talking about how much "CASH" they want to throw in someones lap for some help/advise discussion. This is the only script support forum (of the many I am a member of) where members are unwilling to help others. Please don't get me wrong I am not saying that people should work for free but when other members are asking questions about how to do things (that the wiki does not cover) what would it hurt to help others out once and a while when it comes to questions beyond the scope of the wiki. Checking through the past threads just about every thread having questions about how to's either have no responses (like this one) or have replies from people willing to give an answer or do the work if that person is willing to meet the other persons demands for cash and if the thread starter does not have the cash to pay then the thread becomes a dead one with no end results.

I am not pointing fingers at anyone directly but it would be great to see more member to member help, tips and tricks, how too's etc... Looking at the history of this forum I would almost bet that would never happen.

Seeing all these dead end threads leave me to ask myself what is the point of having this forum? Don't get me wrong when questions are asked that are within the scope of the wiki (The Geo Team) jump right on it to help us. It's member to member help and participation I am referring to.

This reply is not intended or directed at any one person it's just that everytime I come here to look around for answers or so how to tips I leave just as empty as when I came looking.

I don't know if others here feel the same about this but I just needed to share my thoughts about this and sorry for the rant I just call it how I see it.

I understand what you are saying, but based on my observation of the Geo fourms, little stuff is more likely to be answered - as I am guessing most of the 400+ views of this thread are users like myself.

I am using Drupal and that community is absolutely awesome - a tremendous amount of highly technical people willing to lend a hand and there are monthly meet-ups etc. where one can become part of the community and get an unbelievable amount of help. I am guessing Wordpress has a community and your question would most likely be answered there in short order - going with my Drupal experience here.

In regard to URL's - is what you want to do similar to or called masking?

Regarding video - I think you answered your own question. I can't imagine a video script (if available? and made into an add-on?) being manageable down the road. I have sort of gone down that road in the past, hiring individual developers to do stuff for me. When you need a change or fix, the person who wrote it may be busy, long gone or the technology becomes dated.

I really don't have much to offer - but wanted to offer something. Hope there is something there for you.
    GeoCore 7.3.4
    It bugs me that bugs I vote for are ignored...

I may have to hit the wordpress community to get the help and advise I need for this project but thought this would be my first attempt as I am sure I'm not the only one who will be using wordpress now and in the future.

I have never used Drupal. When I first got started building sites it was at a tossup which one I was going to use. I may use a scrap domain to play with it to see the comparisons between Durpal and Wordpress.

As for the URL's I am going to say it falls along the lines of masking. I just want to "Dump" the "index.php" everywhere it exists because to me it doesn't look professional and besides it's very rare you see any sites displaying it in there URL's.

I currently use a very powerful video script that I think can be used for this purpose. The developer is currently in the process of a serious update to allow the script to function in many different ways. I might just have to wait and pay the developer of that script to do that for me. Doing that would allow me to be able to generate revenue through in video advertising from videos users submit. Just an idea I am currently thinking about during development of my site because I think it would be a great feature to have for users.

You may not have offered much but a little is better then nothing at all. The more we help each other here the more value this forum will have to us and future Geo customers in the future.

Thank you for at least getting involved. We need more of this here.

Hey, realize this is fairly old and you may have already got it sorted out but if you haven't, at least in regards to the URL question and getting rid of the "index.php" part, i can say that for every page (except for the advanced search page) you can change how the url looks by doing a rewrite in your htaccess file. I didn't like that either and wound up doing that. worked for everything except the search page, which is fine.

can't say anything regarding video since have never done anything with it on a site.

regarding wordpress, I too would like to see a better integration between geo and wordpress, at least with geo as the main site and wordpress on the side through a bridge or whatever. but i agree that getting them to play nice together would be a great perk.

good luck!

I would say if their not going to make a Wordpress addon then they should develope a premium Wordpress plugin thanks for the advice snappy.

no problem and hope it helps getting your url's a bit cleaner looking....

regarding wordpress, i would be happy with just being able to share users. I played with it a bit and "almost" had it i think but definitely want it to be the "best" (read: most secure and efficient) way possible. And the way I did it seemed to "overlap" the user/username tables and bottom line is the actual variable/column names for the most important fields (like users) were different between geo and wordpress and I am not sure the best way to change across the board (on WP) that is update friendly and secure. Best would be a built in and compatible bridge feature (like for vbulletin) rather than hacking up the WP code to "work"......

hopefully enough people would be interested in a WP integration to make it happen!

I too would like to use word press in my site - that was one of the questions I asked before I bought the program.

I think you would get more answers to the word press questions, at word press - those people rock!

It would be nice to know the answers to your word press issues - I would much rather use it